Tuesday May 3, 1977US date format: 5/3/1977, UK date format: 3/5/1977
This day in 30 sec.
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 3, 1977). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Ryan Dempster and Black Sea plane crash.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Hotel California by Eagles.
In UK I Don't Want To Talk About It / First Cut Is The Deepest by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
The White Buffalo, directed by J. Lee Thompson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Raise The Titanic! by Clive Cussler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rock Follies of '77.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Baseball or Air-Sea Battle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 May 1977
Last minute gifts?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1977 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Ryan Dempster: Canadian baseball player and...
- Black Sea plane crash
- Maryam Mirzakhani
- Hiro Mashima: Japanese Mangaka of Rave Master and...
- Tyronn Lue: American basketball player and coach.
- The light aircraft carrier ''HMS Invincible'' is launched at Barrow-in-Furness by Elizabeth II.
- The 1977 IAS Cargo Boeing 707 airplane crash in Lusaka, Zambia kills all six on board.
- In Milan, Italy, during a far-left demonstration, a hooded person shoots at the police, killing a policeman, Antonio Custra. The scene was photographed and the picture Im135.imageavenue.com of the hooded man shooting in the middle of the street appears in many magazines around the world.
- The Likud Party, led by Menachem Begin, wins the national elections in Israel.
- Scientists report using bacteria in a lab to make insulin via gene splicing.
- Moluccan terrorists take over a school in Bovensmilde, northern Netherlands (105 hostages), and a passenger train on the Bovensmilde-Assen route nearby (90 hostages) at the same time. On June 11, Dutch Royal Marines storm the train, and six terrorists and two hostages are killed.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Eagles - Hotel California
- Leo Sayer - When I Need You
- Glen Campbell - Southern Nights
- Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
- Thelma Houston - Don't Leave Me This Way
- Jennifer Warnes - Right Time Of The Night
- Atlanta Rhythm Section - So In To You
- Natalie Cole - I've Got Love On My Mind
- Climax Blues Band - Couldn't Get It Right
- Rose Royce - I Wanna Get Next To You
Top #10 R&B songs
- Got To Give It Up (Pt. 1) - Marvin Gaye
- The Isley Brothers - The Pride (Part I)
- Tavares - Whodunit
- KC And The Sunshine Band - I'm Your Boogie Man
- Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
- Bootsy's Rubber Band - The Pinocchio Theory
- Jerry Butler - I Wanna Do It To You
- You're Throwing A Good Love Away - The Spinners
- Your Love - Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis, Jr.
- The Manhattans - It Feels So Good To Be Loved So Bad
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?