Saturday May 14, 1977
US date format: 5/14/1977, UK date format: 14/5/1977
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 14, 1977). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was James Callaghan (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Isabelle Moreau and Sophie Anderton.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to When I Need You by Leo Sayer.
In UK I Don't Want To Talk About It / First Cut Is The Deepest by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
A Special Day, directed by Ettore Scola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Majesty by Robert Lacey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hollywood High.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Circus or Street Racer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 14, 1977?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- See more
- Kansas City Royals' Jim Colborn no-hits the Texas Rangers, 6-0.
- Netherlands State Delta Kappa Gamma Society forms.
- Stanley Cup: Montreal Canadiens sweep Boston Bruins in four games.
- English football international' Bobby Moore retires.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 14, 1977?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Leo Sayer - When I Need You
- Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
- Eagles - Hotel California
- Glen Campbell - Southern Nights
- Climax Blues Band - Couldn't Get It Right
- Jennifer Warnes - Right Time Of The Night
- Atlanta Rhythm Section - So In To You
- KC and the Sunshine Band - I'm Your Boogie Man
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Part 1)
- Rose Royce - I Wanna Get Next To You
Top #4 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Pt. 1)
- Tavares - Whodunit
- Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
- The Isley Brothers - The Pride (Part I)
- KC And The Sunshine Band - I'm Your Boogie Man
- Bootsy's Rubber Band - The Pinocchio Theory
- The Manhattans - It Feels So Good To Be Loved So Bad
- The Spinners - You're Throwing A Good Love Away
- The Jacksons - Show You The Way To Go
- Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis, Jr. - Your Love
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next May 14If May 14, 1977 is your birthday you're 43 years, 4 months, 9 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 7 months, 21 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?