Sunday May 29, 1977
This day in 30 sec.
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 29, 1977). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Massimo Ambrosini and Danny Gerard in Mount Vernon.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder.
In UK I Don't Want To Talk About It / First Cut Is The Deepest by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Cinderella, directed by Michael Pataki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Crash Of '79 by Paul E. Erdman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hollywood High.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Indy 500 or Surround.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 May 1977
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 1977!
Which were the important events of 29 May 1977 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
- Massimo Ambrosini: Italian footballer.
- Danny Gerard in Mount Vernon: New York; actor (Alan Silver - Brooklyn Bridge).
- Brent Roberts in Leesville: Louisiana; diver (Olympics-1996).
- Antonio Lebo-Lebo: Angolan footballer.
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck: Entertainer.
- Marco Cassetti: Italian footballer.
- Danny Gerard: American actor and singer.
- António Lebo: Angolan footballer.
- Scott Allen: American figure skater.
- Janet Guthrie becomes 1st woman to drive in Indy 500
- Sue Press is 1st woman golfer to hit consecutive holes-in one
- A J Foyt wins Indianapolis 500 (average speed of 161.331 mph) for a record fourth time.
- Sandra Spuzich wins LPGA Lady Keystone Golf Open.
- NBC News and Information Service (24 hour news) ends on radio.
- A bloodless coup installs France Albert Rene as President of the Seychelles.
- The first Apple II series computers go on sale.
- The Portland Trail Blazers defeat the Philadelphia 76ers 109–107 to win the National Basketball Association finals four games to two. Bill Walton is selected as the MVP of the series.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
- Leo Sayer - When I Need You
- KC and the Sunshine Band - I'm Your Boogie Man
- Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Part 1)
- Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky)
- Climax Blues Band - Couldn't Get It Right
- Kenny Rogers - Lucille
- Andrew Gold - Lonely Boy
- Foreigner - Feels Like The First Time
Top #10 R&B songs
- Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
- Got To Give It Up (Pt. 1) - Marvin Gaye
- Rufus Featuring Chaka Khan - Hollywood
- Tavares - Whodunit
- The Isley Brothers - The Pride (Part I)
- The Jacksons - Show You The Way To Go
- The Sylvers - High School Dance
- It Feels So Good To Be Loved So Bad - The Manhattans
- Aretha Franklin - Break It To Me Gently
- Shalamar - Uptown Festival (Part 1)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?