Wednesday 4 November 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dr Marvel Williamson and Richie Green.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Kiss Me Kate, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Panorama.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 November 1953!
Which were the important events of 4 November 1953 ?
- Dr Marvel Williamson: American educator.
- Richie Green: Canadian actor.
- Mick Buckley: English footballer (d. 2013).
- P Carey: American baseball player and manager (d. 2012).
- Rick Green: Canadian actor producer and screenwriter.
- Carlos Gutierrez: Cuban-American businessman and politician 35th United States Secretary of Commerce
- Peter Lord: English animator director and producer co-founded Aardman Animations
- Jacques Villeneuve: Canadian race car driver
- Marvel Williamson: American nurse and academic
- Elizabeth Sprague Coolidge: Composer, dies at 89.
- Eddie Joost succeeds Jimmy Dykes as the manager of Philadelphia Athletics
- New balk rule gives the batter option; of accepting the outcome of the pitch or the balk
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?