Tuesday 24 November 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tod Machover and Glenn Withrow.
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Hondo, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Unconquered by Ben Ames Williams was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Life with Father.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1953!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1953 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
Famous Birthdays:24 November
- Dodgers sign Walter Alston to a 1-year pact as manager for 1954
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?