Thursday 5 November 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Florentino V Floro and Cameron Hooker.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Kiss Me Kate, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while A Man Called Peter by Catherine Marshall was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Panorama.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1953!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1953 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Florentino V Floro: Filipino judge.
- Cameron Hooker: American homicide; a kidnapper, murderer and sadist who, despite no history of family abuse, was into S/M and B&D fantasies from his youth.
- Joyce Maynard: American writer and columnist who began writing as a young girl.
- Florentino Floro: Filipino lawyer and judge.
- Nobel prize for physics awarded / appended on Frederik Zernicke
- Paul Searls saws a 32 log in 86.4 seconds
- David Ben-Gurion resigns as prime minister of Israel.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?