Sunday 1 November 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include N Jan Davis and Lello Arena.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Kiss Me Kate, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Love Is A Bridge by Charles Bracelen Flood was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Motorola Television Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1953!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1953 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- N Jan Davis: Cocoa Beach, Florida -- PhD / Astronaut (STS 47, 60, 85).
- Lello Arena: Italian actor, comedian and television personality.
- Valérie-Anne Giscard d'Estaing: French publisher, and the eldest child of Valéry Giscard d'Estaing who served as President of the French Republic from 1974 until 1981.
- Jan Davis: American engineer and astronaut.
- Paul Wellings: English ecologist and academic.
- Emile Zatopek runs world record 10K (29:01.6) and 6 mile (28:08.4)
- KCEN TV channel 6 in Temple-Waco, TX (NBC / ABC) begins broadcasting
- KMGH TV channel 7 in Denver, CO (CBS) begins broadcasting
- WHEC TV channel 10 in Rochester, New York (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Andhra Pradesh attained statehood on 1 November 1953, with Kurnool as its capital.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?