Thursday 4 September 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Fajardie and Jerry Ragavoy.
Storm Over Asia, directed by Vsevolod Pudovkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while The Woman of Andros by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 4 September 1930 ?
- Roger Fajardie
- Jerry Ragavoy: US songwriter / producer (Wonderful Dream).
- Donald Ackerman: American athlete, pro basketball player for one season, in 1953.
- Jean-Jacques Dubourg: French cinematographer, who parachuted to shoot the famous flying car sequence at the end of "Fantômas se déchaîne: (English: Fantomas Unleashed), a 1965 James-Bond-style film co-starring Jean Marais and Louis de Funès.
- Jean Dubourg: France sport Champion.
- Robert Arneson: American sculptor and academic (d. 1992).
- William Maxson: American general (d. 2013).
- Cambridge Theater opens in London
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?