Sunday 4 September 1949
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yann Queffélec and Tom Watson.
Under Capricorn, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching The Voice of Firestone.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
What the sky looked like on 4 September 1949
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 4 September 1949. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 1949!
Which were the important events of 4 September 1949 ?
- Yann Queffélec: French writer, poet and songwriter (for Pierre Bachelet).
- Tom Watson: American golfer and sportscaster.
- David Zubik: American ecclesiastic, Bishop of Green Bay, WI and Pittsburgh, PA he was ordained into the priesthood on May 3, 1975.
- Daniel Leclercq
- Darryl Cotton: Australian singer-songwriter guitarist and actor (Zoot and Cotton Keays & Morris) (d. 2012).
- Dean Pees: American football defensive coordinator.
- Tom Watson in Kansas City: Missouri; PGA golfer (British Open 1975,1977,1980,1982).
- Marie Robie sinks 393 yard hole-in-one (first hole in Furnace Brook).
- Maiden flight of the Bristol Brabazon.
- The Peekskill Riots erupt after a Paul Robeson concert in Peekskill, New York.