Sunday 4 September 1949
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yann Queffélec and Tom Watson.
Under Capricorn, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while The Greatest Story Ever Told by Fulton Oursler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Voice of Firestone.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 4 September 1949 ?
- Yann Queffélec: French writer, poet and songwriter (for Pierre Bachelet).
- Tom Watson: American golfer and sportscaster.
- David Zubik: American ecclesiastic, Bishop of Green Bay, WI and Pittsburgh, PA he was ordained into the priesthood on May 3, 1975.
- Daniel Leclercq
- Tom Watson in Kansas City: Missouri; PGA golfer (British Open 1975,1977,1980,1982).
- Darryl Cotton: Australian singer-songwriter guitarist and actor (Zoot and Cotton Keays & Morris) (d. 2012).
- Dean Pees: American football defensive coordinator.
- Marie Robie sinks 393 yard hole-in-one (first hole in Furnace Brook).
- Maiden flight of the Bristol Brabazon.
- The Peekskill Riots erupt after a Paul Robeson concert in Peekskill, New York.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?