Saturday 4 September 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anita Yuen and Brian Storey.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey by Paul & Linda McCartney.
In UK I'm Still Waiting by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Haunted Himself, directed by Basil Dearden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Golddiggers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 1971!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 4 September 1971 ?
- Anita Yuen: Hong Kong model and actress Miss Hong Kong 1990.
- Brian Storey: Richmond, British Columbia -- 470 yachter (1996 Olympics).
- John Thierry: NFL defensive end (Chicago Bears).
- Monty Grow: NFL safety (Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Tyrone Johnson: NFL wide receiver (Atlanta Falcons).
- Lilian Laslandes: French footballer, who was capped seven times and scored three goals for the French national team.
- Ty Longley: American victim of nightclub fire, Longley was the lead guitarist of the heavy metal band, Great White, whose pyrotechnics ignited the deadly fire in a Warwick, RI nightclub in which he perished.
- Lance Klusener: South African cricketer and coach.
- Vaughn Ross: American murderer (d. 2013).
- Ione Skye: English-American actress.
- Maik Taylor: German-Irish footballer and coach.
- Alaskan 727 crashes into Chilkoot Mountain, kills 109 (Alaska).
- Alaska Airlines Flight 1866 crashes near Juneau, Alaska, killing all 111 people on board.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- Five Man Electrical Band - Signs
- Three Dog Night - Liar
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?