Thursday 5 April 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Gorshin in Pittsburgh and Tina Maria Stone runner (one year distance record of 15.
Death Takes a Holiday, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Lamb in His Bosom by Caroline Miller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 April 1934!
Which were the important events of 5 April 1934 ?
- Saint Geeraard
- The last day of the tax year in the United Kingdom.
- Blessed Kreszentia Hoess
- Saint Vincent Ferrer
- Arbor Day in South Korea
- Qingming Festival in the Chinese calendar
- Mauritius: Ougadi.
- Saint Irena (d. 304)
- Frank Gorshin in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; impressionist/actor (Riddler - Batman).
- Tina Maria Stone runner (one year distance record of 15: 472 miles).
- Roman Herzog: German politician the CDU candidate (Christian Democratic Union) endorsed by Chancellor Helmut Kohl on 1/16/1994.
- Ursula Erber: Germany Actor.
- John Carey: English author and critic.
- Moise Safra: Brazilian businessman and philanthropist co-founded Banco Safra (d. 2014)
- Stanley Turrentine: American saxophonist and composer (d. 2000)
- Salvatore Di Giacomo: Italian poet, songwriter, playwright and fascist intellectual, one of the signers of the Manifesto of the Fascvist Intellectuals.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?