Sunday 29 April 1934
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Otis Rush and Pedro Pires premier (Cape Verde.
Manhattan Melodrama, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Lamb in His Bosom by Caroline Miller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1934!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1934 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Otis Rush: American musician.
- Pedro Pires premier (Cape Verde: 1975-91).
- Jean Wendling: French soccer player,a member of the Strasbourg club in the 1950s.
- Luis Aparicio: Venezuelan-American baseball player.
- Peter de la Billière: English general.
- Erika Fisch: German sprinter and hurdler
- Pedro Pires: Cape Verdean politician 3rd President of Cape Verde
- Pitts is last major league city to play a home game on a Sunday
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?