Monday 16 April 1934
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Geoffrey Owen and Richard Kenshaw.
Tarzan and His Mate, directed by Cedric Gibbons, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Good-bye, Mr. Chips by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1934!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1934 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Geoffrey Owen: British editor (Financial Times).
- Richard Kenshaw: British broadcaster.
- Brian Peppiatt: joint CEO (SG Warburg Securities).
- Michael Jackson: British-American radio and TV show host and journalist with reports from 1963.
- Robert Stigwood: Australian music entrepreneur and impresario, a producer who was instrumental in establishing the careers of recording artists such as Eric Clapton, Mick Jagger, Rod Stewart and David Bowie.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?