Thursday 19 April 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Ziegler and Ox Baker.
Tarzan and His Mate, directed by Cedric Gibbons, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Lamb in His Bosom by Caroline Miller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1934!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1934 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Jean Ziegler
- Ox Baker: American wrestler and actor (d. 2014).
- Jan Helge Guttorm Bark: Composer.
- John Roch: High court judge.
- Jeanne Rejaunier: American astrologer, author.
- Dickie Goodman: American singer-songwriter and producer (d. 1989).
- Shirley Temple appears in her 1st movie, Stand Up & Cheer
- 38th Boston Marathon won by Dave Komonen of Canada in 2:32:53.8.
- Surgeon R.K. Wilson allegedly photographs the Loch Ness Monster.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?