Saturday 5 February 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mary Crown Princess of Denmark and Chris Bailey.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to American Pie (Parts 1 and 2) by Don McLean.
In UK Telegram Sam by T Rex was in the top 5 hits.
Fritz the Cat, directed by Ralph Bakshi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Message From Malaga by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mouse Factory.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Empire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1972!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 5 February 1972 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Mary Crown Princess of Denmark
- Chris Bailey: Ice hockey defenseman (USA, Olympics - 1998).
- Koriki Choshu: Japanese comedian.
- Erin Phillips in Mexico: Missouri, USA; Miss Missouri-America (1995).
- Tony Johnson: tight end (New Orleans Saints).
- Crown Mary: Danish royalty by marriage, Mary Donaldson was the first Australian to become a royal when she married Prince Frederik of Denmark (heir to the throne) on May 14, 2004 at 4:00 PM in Copenhagen.
- Kristopher Carter: American composer.
- Koriki Chōshū: Japanese comedian.
- Brad Fittler: Australian rugby league player coach and sportscaster.
- Mary : Crown Princess of Denmark.
- Marianne Moore: American poet critic and translator (d. 1972).
- Another Puff by Jerry Reed peaks at #65
- US airlines begin mandatory inspection of passengers and baggage.
- Bob Douglas becomes the first African American elected to the Basketball Hall of Fame.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #8 songs in the UK
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?