Wednesday 2 February 1972
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charlie Williams and Lance Brown.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to American Pie (Parts 1 and 2) by Don McLean.
In UK Telegram Sam by T Rex was in the top 5 hits.
Fritz the Cat, directed by Ralph Bakshi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Defense Never Rests by F. Lee Bailey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Semesterferien.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Pong or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1972!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1972 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Charlie Williams: NFL safety (Dallas Cowboys).
- Lance Brown: NFL defensive back (Arizona Cardinals).
- Dana International: Israeli pop singer.
- Melvin Mora: Venezuelan baseball player.
- Aleksey Naumov: Russian footballer.
- Lefty Gomez, Ross Youngs and William Harridge selected for Baseball Hall of Fame.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #8 songs in the UK
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?