Friday February 11, 1972
US date format: 2/11/1972, UK date format: 11/2/1972
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 11, 1972). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Kelly Slater and Craig Jones (musician).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Let's Stay Together by Al Green.
In UK Son Of My Father by Chicory Tip was in the top 5 hits.
Cabaret, directed by Bob Fosse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tightrope.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 11, 1972?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- See more
- Jan Wils: Architect (Olympian Stadium, Amsterdam),...
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 11, 1972?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Al Green - Let's Stay Together
- Betty Wright - Clean Up Woman
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - Make Me The Woman That You Go Home To
- Wilson Pickett - Fire And Water
- Bobby Womack & Peace - That's The Way I Feel About Cha
- Jackson 5 - Sugar Daddy
- Jerry Butler & Brenda Lee Eager - Ain't Understanding Mellow
- Joe Simon - Drowning In The Sea Of Love
- Detroit Emeralds - You Want It, You Got It
- The Supremes - Floy Joy
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next February 11If February 11, 1972 is your birthday you're 48 years, 7 months, 11 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 4 months, 20 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?