Saturday 5 November 1988
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 5, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Virat Kohli and Yannick Borel.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Kokomo by The Beach Boys.
In UK First Time by Robin Beck was in the top 5 hits.
Child's Play, directed by Tom Holland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Landslide by Jane Mayer and Doyle McManus was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dirty Dancing.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battles of Napoleon or Hostages.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 November 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1988!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1988 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Virat Kohli: Indian cricketer.
- Yannick Borel
- AuronPlay : YouTube Star.
- Montanna Thompson: TV Actress.
- 1st NBA game at Palace of Auburn Hills, Pistons beat Hornets 94-85
- Japan beats Major League Baseball All-Stars 2-1 in Tokyo (Game 1 of 7).
- Cornell confirms grad student (Robert Tappan Morris, Jr) source of worst computer sabotage.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beach Boys - Kokomo
- The Escape Club - Wild, Wild West
- Phil Collins - Groovy Kind Of Love
- Kylie Minogue - The Loco-Motion
- Bon Jovi - Bad Medicine
- Whitney Houston - One Moment In Time
- INXS - Never Tear Us Apart
- U2 - Desire
- Red Red Wine '88 - UB40
- Information Society - What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)
Top #10 R&B songs
- Luther Vandross - Any Love
- Anita Baker - Giving You The Best That I Got
- Don't Rock The Boat - Midnight Star Feat. Ecstacy Of Whodini
- New Edition - You're Not My Kind Of Girl
- Cheryl Pepsii Riley - Thanks For My Child
- Karyn White - The Way You Love Me
- Al B. Sure! - Rescue Me
- Ready For The World - My Girly
- Terence Trent D'Arby - Dance Little Sister
- Deniece Williams - I Can't Wait
Top #10 Latin songs
- Angela Carrasco - BOCA ROSA
- SI EL AMOR SE VA - Roberto Carlos
- Franco - MARIA
- ESTE AMOR QUE HAY QUE CALLAR - Yolandita Monge
- SENTADO A LA VERA DEL CAMINO - EYDIE GORME Y ROBERTO CARLOS
- Marisela - YA NO
- Rocio Durcal - Como Tu Mujer
- QUE SERA - Emmanuel
- MALA NOCHE NO - Veronica Castro
- HAZME TUYA UNA VEZ MAS - Isabel Pantoja
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?