Thursday 5 October 1961US date format: 10/5/1961, UK date format: 5/10/1961
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 5, 1961). The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Shell Kepler and Véronique Geoffroy.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Take Good Care Of My Baby by Bobby Vee.
In UK Walking Back To Happiness by Helen Shapiro was in the top 5 hits.
Through a Glass Darkly, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Nobody Knows My Name by James Baldwin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ghost Squad.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 October 1961
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1961!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1961 ?
- Shell Kepler: Actress (Amy Vining- General Hospital).
- Véronique Geoffroy: French fomer model and journalist,...
- Sharon Cheslow: American singer-songwriter and guitarist...
- Matthew Kauffman: American journalist and George Polk...
- China and Nepal sign treaty
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vee - Take Good Care Of My Baby
- Dick and DeeDee - The Mountain's High
- Roy Orbison - Crying
- Ray Charles - Hit The Road Jack
- Elvis Presley - Little Sister
- The Highwaymen - Michael
- Bob Moore - Mexico
- Bobby Darin - You Must Have Been A Beautiful Baby
- Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor (On The Bedpost Over Night) - Lonnie Donegan and His Skiffle Group
- The Dovells - Bristol Stomp
Top #10 R&B songs
- Ray Charles and his Orchestra - Hit The Road Jack
- Ike & Tina Turner - It's Gonna Work Out Fine
- Bobby Bland - Don't Cry No More
- Lee Dorsey - Ya Ya
- My True Story - The Jive Five With Joe Rene And Orchestra
- The Chantels - Look In My Eyes
- The Jarmels - A Little Bit Of Soap
- Jimmy Reed - Bright Lights Big City
- Mar-Keys - Last Night
- Baby, You're Right - James Brown And The Famous Flames
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Breakfast At Tiffany’s is Released - October 5th, 1961
October 5th, 1961, a fashion icon was born. This was the release date for the mega romantic comedy hit, Breakfast at Tiffany’s starring Audrey Hepburn. The movie embodies what was classic 60’s Hollywood. It had romantic drama, beautiful classy costumes, and a star-studded cast. While Audrey was no rookie to acting, this was her breakout role and one of her most notable pieces of work. Her classic little black dress, pearls, up-do, and cigarette wand are still a classic iconic look for women looking for a bit of classy inspiration