Saturday 28 October 1961
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Runaround Sue by Dion.
In UK Walking Back To Happiness by Helen Shapiro was in the top 5 hits.
The Comancheros, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Winter Of Our Discontent by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Musik aus Studio B.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1961!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 28 October 1961 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 October
- Fiorello! closes at Broadhurst Theater NYC after 796 performances
- Ground broken for Municipal (Shea) Stadium for New York Mets.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?