Saturday 5 October 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Omar Berlo and Sally Smith.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
Barbarella, directed by Roger Vadim, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pohádky z mechu a kapradí.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1968!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1968 ?
- Omar Berlo: Jockey.
- Sally Smith: Orange, NSW -- Golfer (1993 T67 Alpine Aust Ladies Masters).
- Xavier Gravelaine: French football (soccer) manager and former football player, who played for many clubs in France and Europe and for the French national team.
- Battles between Catholic demonstrators and police in Londonderry
- KPLM (now KESQ) TV channel 42 in Palm Springs, CA (ABC) begins
- Police baton civil rights demonstrators in Derry, Northern Ireland : considered to mark the beginning of The Troubles.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
- O.C. Smith - Little Green Apples
- The O'Kaysions - Girl Watcher
- Clarence Carter - Slip Away
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- The Bee Gees - I've Gotta Get A Message To You
- The 1910 Fruitgum Company - 1,2,3 Red Light
- Aretha Franklin - I Say A Little Prayer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?