Tuesday 15 October 1968
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Koonce and Meredith Rainey.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
In UK Those Were The Days by Mary Hopkin was in the top 5 hits.
Bullitt, directed by Peter Yates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Hurricane Years by Cameron Hawley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pohádky z mechu a kapradí.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1968!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1968 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- George Koonce: NFL linebacker (Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl 31).
- Meredith Rainey: Brooklyn, New York -- 800m runner.
- Didier Deschamps: French former footballer and current coach.
- Laurent Hénart: French politician, who was a member of the National Assembly of France.
- Vanessa Marcil: TV Actress.
- Franz Reizenstein: Composer, dies at 57.
- AL expansion draft, Kansas City pick Roger Nelson and Pilots pick Don Mincher 1st
- Led Zeppelin makes their first live performance, at Surrey University in England
- In Mexico City, black American athletes Tommie Smith and John Carlos raise their arms in a black power salute after winning, respectively, the gold and bronze medals in the Olympic men's 200 metres.
- Kingston, Jamaica is rocked by the Rodney Riots, provoked by the banning of Walter Rodney from the country.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
- O.C. Smith - Little Green Apples
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- The O'Kaysions - Girl Watcher
- The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions
- The Vogues - My Special Angel
- The Bee Gees - I've Gotta Get A Message To You
- Gary Puckett - Over You
- James Brown - Say It Loud - I'm Black And I'm Proud (Part 1)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?