Friday 11 October 1968
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Amy Louise Taylor [Kallested] and Cynthia Johnston.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
In UK Those Were The Days by Mary Hopkin was in the top 5 hits.
Bullitt, directed by Peter Yates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pohádky z mechu a kapradí.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1968!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1968 ?
- Amy Louise Taylor [Kallested]: Actress (Silent Night Deadly Night 5).
- Cynthia Johnston: Calgary, Alberta -- Basketball forward (1996 Olympics).
- Stuart Meltzer: American West Coast Operations manager for Cantor Fitzgerald, killed on 9/11/2001 when an aircraft piloted by terrorists crashed into the World Trade Center, NY.
- Jane Krakowski: American actress.
- Claude Lapointe: Lachine, Quebec -- NHL center (Calgary Flames).
- Brett Salisbury: American football player and author
- Apollo 7 (Schirra, Eisele and Cunningham) make 163 orbits of Earth in 260 hours.
- Panama revolts.
- Billy Martin is named manager of the Minnesota Twins.
- Apollo program: NASA launches Apollo 7, the first successful manned Apollo mission, with astronauts Wally Schirra, Donn F. Eisele and Walter Cunningham aboard.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 October 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
- O.C. Smith - Little Green Apples
- The O'Kaysions - Girl Watcher
- The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions
- The Vogues - My Special Angel
- The Bee Gees - I've Gotta Get A Message To You
- Gary Puckett - Over You
- Clarence Carter - Slip Away
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?