Tuesday 6 April 1982
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ilan Hall and Michael Guy Chislett.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to I Love Rock 'N Roll by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts.
In UK My Camera Never Lies by Bucks Fizz was in the top 5 hits.
Cat People, directed by Paul Schrader, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Icebound in the Antarctic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Football Manager (series) or Salmon Run.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1982!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1982 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Ilan Hall: Israeli-American chef.
- Michael Guy Chislett: Australian guitarist (The Academy Is.
- Bret Harrison: American actor.
- Michael Chislett: Australian-American guitarist songwriter and producer.
- Hérculez Gómez: American soccer player.
- Travis Moen: Canadian ice hockey player
- Columbia returns to Kennedy Space Center from White Sands
- Largest crowd ever to see a baseball game in Minnesota: 52,279.
- A blizzard unprecedented in size for April dumps 1-2 feet of snow on the northeastern U.S., closing schools and businesses, snarling traffic, and canceling several major league baseball games.
- Estonian Communist Party bureau declares ''fight against bourgeois TV'' -- meaning Finnish TV -- a top priority of the propagandists of Estonian SSR
- A blizzard unprecedented in size for April dumps 1–2 feet of snow on the northeastern United States, closing schools and businesses, snarling traffic, and canceling several major league baseball games.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 April 1982
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Love Rock 'N Roll
- Go-Go's - We Got The Beat
- Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire - Titles
- The J. Geils Band - Freeze-Frame
- Olivia Newton-John - Make A Move On Me
- Rick Springfield - Don't Talk To Strangers
- Journey - Open Arms
- Stevie Wonder - That Girl
- Bertie Higgins - Key Largo
- Huey Lewis and the News - Do You Believe In Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?