Friday 6 April 2012
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
The Three Stooges, directed by Bobby Farrelly, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Daddy Knows Best.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beach Buggy Blitz or Confrontation.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 2012!
Which were the important events of 6 April 2012 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 April
- The National Movement for the Liberation of Azawad unilaterally declares the independence of Azawad from Mali.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina marks the 20th anniversary of the start of the Bosnian War in April 1992. (''Irish Times'')
- Thomas Kinkade, one of the most popular painters in the United States, dies in Los Gatos, California. (''San Jose Mercury'')
- A ban on the display of tobacco products by retailers comes into force in England. Lawmakers hope it will lead to a reduction in the number of young people taking up smoking. (BBC)
- Seven civilians die in Afghanistan's Panjwai district after a fuel tanker overturns. (AFP via ''Washington Post'')
- A United States Navy FA-18 Hornet crashes into an apartment complex in the US city of Virginia Beach, Virginia with minimal injuries and no fatalities. (Reuters)
- Japan renews a territorial claim over Liancourt Rocks (Takeshima/Dokdo), which South Korea also claims to be part of its territory. (Yonhap)
- Capt Amadou Sanogo, the leader of the Mali coup, states that power will be transferred to the President of the National Assembly after separatist Tuaregs declare independence. (AP via Google News)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 April 2012
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?