Monday 19 April 1982
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Hagerty and Filip Jícha.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to I Love Rock 'N Roll by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts.
In UK My Camera Never Lies by Bucks Fizz was in the top 5 hits.
Cat People, directed by Paul Schrader, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while Spring Moon by Bette Bao Lord was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bird of Prey.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cosmic Crusader or Smurf: Rescue in Gargamel's Castle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1982!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1982 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Joseph Hagerty: American gymnast.
- Filip Jícha: Czech handball player.
- Samuel Morrison: Jr.
- Rocco Sabato: Italian footballer.
- Ignacio Serricchio: Argentinian-American actor.
- Sitiveni Sivivatu: New Zealand All Black rugby player
- Guinon Bluford announced as 1st black Astronaut
- Sally Ride announced as 1st woman Astronaut
- Rosie Ruiz, marathon race cheater, arrested for forgery.
- USSR Salyut 7 space station put into orbit.
- 86th Boston Marathon won by Alberto Salazar of Oregon in 2:08:51.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Love Rock 'N Roll
- Go-Go's - We Got The Beat
- Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire - Titles
- The J. Geils Band - Freeze-Frame
- Rick Springfield - Don't Talk To Strangers
- Paul McCartney - Ebony And Ivory
- Huey Lewis and the News - Do You Believe In Love
- Bertie Higgins - Key Largo
- Paul Davis - '65 Love Affair
- Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?