Friday 6 August 1993
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charlotte McKinney and Hopper Penn.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Can't Help Falling In Love by UB40.
In UK Living On My Own by Freddie Mercury was in the top 5 hits.
Searching for Bobby Fischer, directed by Steven Zaillian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while Race Matters by Cornel West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Politically Incorrect.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cybermorph or Flash Hiders.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1993
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1993!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1993 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Charlotte McKinney: Model.
- Hopper Penn
- Tre Mason: Football Player.
- Alexa Moffett: Dancer.
- Kaori Ishihara: Japanese voice actress and singer (StylipS).
- Japan Hosokawa government begins
- Pope John Paul II publishes Veritatis splendor encyclical
- Heavy rains and debris kill 72 in the Kagoshima and Aira areas of Kyushu, Japan.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 6 August 1993
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Lille - Lens : 0 - 0
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Check Yo Self - Ice Cube Featuring Das EFX
- Jodeci - Lately
- U.N.V. - Something's Goin' On
- Tag Team - Whoomp! (There It Is)
- Lose Control/Girl U For Me - Silk
- II D Extreme - Cry No More
- Toni Braxton - Another Sad Love Song
- SWV - Right Here (Human Nature)/Downtown
- Tony Toni Tone - If I Had No Loot
- Janet Jackson - If
Top #10 Latin songs
- Gloria Estefan - Mi Tierra
- Ayer - Luis Miguel
- Un Corazon Hecho Pedazos - Ednita Nazario
- No Debes Jugar - Selena
- Coronita De Flores - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Ricky Martin - Me Amaras
- Cuando Se Acaba El Amor - Guillermo Davila
- Sobrevivire - Lucero
- Ella Es - Los Fantasmas del Caribe
- Los Carlos - Pideme La Luna
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?