Monday 16 August 1993
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Emily Trebec and Sam Bashor.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Can't Help Falling In Love by UB40.
In UK Living On My Own by Freddie Mercury was in the top 5 hits.
The Secret Garden, directed by Agnieszka Holland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while Reengineering The Corporation by Michael Hammer and James Champy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching An Exchange of Fire.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Batsugun or Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1993!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1993 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Emily Trebec: American noted family, the daughter of 53-year-old game-show host Alex Trebec and his businesswoman wife, Jean, 28.
- Sam Bashor: YouTube Star.
- Cameron Monaghan: American actor.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 16 August 1993
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Tottenham - Arsenal : 0 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?