Sunday August 01, 1993
US date format: 8/1/1993, UK date format: 1/8/1993
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 1, 1993). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Sir John Major (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Leon Thomas III and Leon Thomas.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Can't Help Falling In Love by UB40.
In UK Living On My Own by Freddie Mercury was in the top 5 hits.
Gumrah, directed by Mahesh Bhatt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while Race Matters by Cornel West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Politically Incorrect.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The C.H.A.O.S. Continuum or Deep Duck Trouble Starring Donald Duck.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 01, 1993?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- See more
- In the Summer House opens at Beaumont Theater NYC for 25 performances
- She Loves Me closes at Criterion Theater NYC after 61 performances
- Reggie Jackson enshrined in Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York
- Walter Koenig, Checkov of Star Trek, suffers a heart attack
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 01, 1993?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
Sport Games on August 01, 1993
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Cannes - Marseille : 2 - 1
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?