Monday 6 December 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nicole Coste and Aurélie Bargème.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Family Affair by Sly & The Family Stone.
In UK Ernie (The Fastest Milkman In The West) by Benny Hill was in the top 5 hits.
The Decameron, directed by Pier Paolo Pasolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Vantage Point by Lyndon Baines Johnson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The View from Daniel Pike.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Oregon Trail or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Star Map on 6 December 1971
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1971!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 December 1971 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Nicole Coste
- Aurélie Bargème
- Richard Krajicek: in the Netherlands; tennis star (Wimbledon-1996).
- Matt Maloney: NBA guard (Houston Rockets).
- Rika Hiraki in Beirut: Lebanon; tennis star (1992 Japan doubles).
- Jose Contreras: Cuban baseball player.
- Ryan White: hemophiliac AIDS sufferer, dies at age 18 (born 1971).
- Craig Brewer: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Naozumi Takahashi: Japanese singer and voice actor.
- Carole Thate: Dutch field hockey player.
- David Defiagbon: Sapele, Nigeria -- Canadian boxer (1996 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Ainsley Robinson in Oshawa: Ontario, Canada; 62kg Greco Roman wrestler (Olympics-1996).
- Lewis Franklin Powell confirmed as Supreme Court Justice
- Pakistan severs diplomatic relations with India following New Delhi's recognition of Bangladesh.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 6 December 1971
- Kansas City Chiefs - San Francisco 49ers : 26 - 17
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sly & The Family Stone - Family Affair
- Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft
- The Chi-Lites - Have You Seen Her
- Michael Jackson - Got To Be There
- Three Dog Night - An Old Fashioned Love Song
- Bread - Baby I'm-A Want You
- Cher - Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves
- Sonny & Cher - All I Ever Need Is You
- Melanie - Brand New Key
- Les Crane - Desiderata
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?