December 6th: What is special about this date?
December 6th marks the 340th day of the Gregorian calendar year (or the 341st in case of leap years). There are 25 days remaining until the end of the year. Discover famous birthdays on December 6th, celebrities died on this date, the zodiac sign associated to December 6th and what happened on December 6th in history. On this page we will address all your questions and curiosities about December 6th.
December 6th: what famous birthdays are on this date?
On December 6th there are the following famous birthdays:
- Tom Hulce (1953)
- Judd Apatow (1967)
American screenwriter and film director.
- Elissa Landi (1904)
Italian actress, writer and actress.
- Janine Turner (1962)
- Arnaud Ducret (1978)
- Peter Handke (1942)
Austrian avantgarde playwright and novelist, He gained national attention when he spoke at Princeton's Gruppe 47 meeting of avant-garde...
- Agnes Moorehead (1900)
American actress, best known for her role in 1960s American TV comedy "Bewitched", in which she played the mother.
- JoBeth Williams (1948)
American actress and singer.
- Torri Higginson (1969)
- Shekhar Kapur (1945)
Indian screenwriter and producer of director producers.
How to check someone's birthday?
If you’re looking for a person's birth date, have a look at our Birthday Search Guide
December 6th: who died on this date?
On December 6th the following celebrities died:
- Roy Orbison (1988)
American singer-songwriter and rock and roll musician.
- Don Ameche (1993)
American actor, vaudeville and radio star with over 50 films dating back to 1936.
- John Payne (1989)
American actor, singer, and producer (d. 1989).
- Kathleen Harrison (1995)
Actress (Fast Lady Big Money), dies at the age of 103.
- James Dobson (1987)
Focus on the Family was founded by American psychologist and author Focus on the Family.
- Rita Macedo (1993)
Actress (Divinas Palbras), who dies at 65 from a heart attack.
- Werner Klemperer (2000)
German-American singer and actor (d. 2000).
- Gian Maria Volonte (1994)
Actresses (Fistful Of Dollars) die at 61.
- Frantz Fanon (1961)
French-American psychiatrist and revolutionary writer.
- Charly Gaul (2005)
He was a cyclist racer and won the Tour de France 1958.
December 6th: what zodiac sign is associated with this date?
On December 6th, the zodiac sign associated with this date is Sagittarius according to the Western Zodiac.
December 6th: what is special about the Sagittarius sign?
If you're a Sagittarius born in December discover why December born are so special.
December 6th: what happened on this date in history?
Here's what happened on December 6th in history:
- Dec 6, 2018: Near a Chabahar police station, Iran, a car bomb explodes. The attack left around 40 people injured and two police officers dead. Islamic militant group Ansar Al-Furqan claims responsibility. Iran accuses perpetrators being "foreign-backed terrorists".
- Dec 6, 2017: Russian military intervention in Syria Civil War: Vladimir Putin declares victory against the Islamic State terror group on both banks of the Euphrates. (TASS). The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reports that 21 people were killed in Russian air strikes in Deir al-Zor, a Deir al-Zor village located on the east side of the Euphrates River.
- Dec 6, 2016: Six Pakistani fishermen were killed while fishing in the Red Sea off Mocha, Taiz Governorate, Yemen. Six more are missing after a Saudi attack on a boat that was carrying 12 Pakistani sailors. (The News),
- Dec 6, 2015: Yemeni Civil War (2015-2018): Jaafar Muhammad Saad, governor of Yemen's south Aden Governorate, and six of his guards were killed in a suicide bomber attack in Aden, the port city. The attack was claimed by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.
- Dec 6, 2014: Hostage rescue operation in Yemen 2014: A South African civilian and an American civilian were killed in an attempt by U.S. Navy Seals to rescue them. They were held hostage in the Arabian Peninsula by al-Qaeda.
- Dec 6, 2013: Al-Qaeda insurgency: The Yemeni Defense Ministry takes back control of their military compound at Sana'a in Yemen. 11 militants were killed.
- Dec 6, 2012: 2012 Egyptian protests: At least 7 people were killed and over 770 injured in clashes between supporters of President Mohamed Morsi and those opposing him in front of Cairo's Presidential Palace. To secure the building, the Egyptian Army deploys several tanks as well as armoured troop carriers.
- Dec 6, 2011: Afghanistan terror attacks
- Dec 6, 2010: Somali pirates hijack cargo ship from Bangladesh off the coast India.
- Dec 6, 2009: After beating Gremio 2-1 in the final round of 2009 Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A, Flamengo won its sixth Brazilian national football championship.
- Dec 6, 2008: After 28 years in a vegetative state, Martha "Sunny" von Bulow, a US heiress, dies in New York at the age of 76.
- Dec 6, 2007: In a coal mine gas explosion in northern China, the death toll is now at 104.
What day of the year is December 6th?
December 6th marks the 339th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar.
There are 25 days remaining until the end of the year.
December 6th is the 6th day of the month of December.
What day of the week is December 6th, 2023?
On December 6th, 2023 the day of the week is Wednesday.
Find out what day of the week December 6th was over the years by using the below way back calendarDecember 2023 calendar December 2022 calendar December 2021 calendar December 2020 calendar December 2019 calendar December 2018 calendar December 2017 calendar December 2016 calendar December 2015 calendar December 2014 calendar December 2013 calendar December 2012 calendar December 2011 calendar December 2010 calendar December 2009 calendar December 2008 calendar December 2007 calendar December 2006 calendar December 2005 calendar December 2004 calendar December 2003 calendar December 2002 calendar December 2001 calendar December 2000 calendar December 1999 calendar December 1998 calendar December 1997 calendar December 1996 calendar December 1995 calendar December 1994 calendar