Wednesday 6 January 1971, Epiphany
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stéphane Joulin and Andrzej Piaseczny.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to My Sweet Lord by George Harrison.
In UK I Hear You Knocking by Dave Edmunds was in the top 5 hits.
Sometimes a Great Notion, directed by Paul Newman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Great Lion Of God by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching All in the Family.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Oregon Trail or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1971!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 6 January 1971 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Stéphane Joulin
- Andrzej Piaseczny
- Jed DeVries: NFL tackle (Cleveland Browns).
- Myron Baker: NFL linebacker (Chicago Bears).
- Gary Wiseman: American punk-rock drummer.
- Karin Slaughter: American author.
- Irwin Thomas: Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Southern Sons and Electric Mary).
- Mike Wells: NFL defensive end (Detroit Lions).
- Cecil Partee elected president pro tem of Illinois state senate.
- Berkeley chemists announces first synthetic growth hormones.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- Chicago - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
- The Supremes - Stoned Love
- Bee Gees - Lonely Days
- Barbra Streisand - Stoney End
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?