Monday 6 March 1978
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lara Cox and Sage Rosenfels.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to (Love Is) Thicker Than Water by Andy Gibb.
In UK Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush was in the top 5 hits.
Coming Home, directed by Hal Ashby, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Beggarman, Thief by Irwin Shaw was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Het is weer zo laat!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blasto or Superman.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1978!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1978 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Lara Cox: Australian actress.
- Sage Rosenfels: American football player.
- Chad Wicks: American wrestler.
- Mike Jackson: American politician.
- Dennis Viollet: English footballer and manager (d. 1999).
- Hustler publisher Larry Flynt shot and crippled by a sniper in Georgia, USA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Andy Gibb - (Love Is) Thicker Than Water
- Bee Gees - Night Fever
- Dan Hill - Sometimes When We Touch
- Samantha Sang - Emotion
- Eric Clapton - Lay Down Sally
- Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive
- Chic - Dance, Dance, Dance (Yowsah, Yowsah, Yowsah)
- Paul Davis - I Go Crazy
- Billy Joel - Just The Way You Are
- Barry Manilow - Can't Smile Without You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?