Sunday September 16, 1990
This day in 30 sec.
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 16, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Serri .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Release Me by Wilson Phillips.
In UK The Joker by The Steve Miller Band was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Steal, directed by Nadia Tass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Darkness Visible by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Going Places.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aurail or Double Hawk.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 September 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1990!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1990 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Serri : South Korean singer dancer actress and model (Dal Shabet).
- 101 year old Sam Ackerman weds 95 year old Eva in New Rochelle, New York
- 42nd Emmy Awards: LA Law, Murphy Brown, Peter Falk and Patricia Wettig
- Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan wed
- Patty Sheehan wins LPGA SAFECO Golf Classic
- Pirate Radio New York International begins transmissions on WWCR
- 101-year-old Sam Ackerman weds 95-year-old Eva in New Rochelle, New York.
- Iraq televises an 8-minute uncensored speech from US President George Bush.
- The railroad between the People's Republic of China and Kazakhstan becomes complete at Dostyk, adding a sizable link to the concept of the Eurasian Land Bridge.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 16 September 1990
- Atlanta Falcons - Detroit Lions : 14 - 21
- Buffalo Bills - Miami Dolphins : 7 - 30
- Chicago Bears - Green Bay Packers : 31 - 13
- Cincinnati Bengals - San Diego Chargers : 21 - 16
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wilson Phillips - Release Me
- Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze Of Glory
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Do Me!
- Have You Seen Her - M.C. Hammer
- Poison - Unskinny Bop
- Nelson - (Can't Live Without Your) Love And Affection
- Prince - Thieves In The Temple
- Sweet Sensation - If Wishes Came True
- New Kids On The Block - Tonight
- Maxi Priest - Close To You
Top #10 Latin songs
- Porque Te Tengo Que Olvidar - Jose Feliciano
- Burbujas De Amor - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Tengo Todo Excepto A Ti - Luis Miguel
- Ni Un Roce - Ana Gabriel
- Amnesia - Jose Jose
- Peligroso Amor - Myriam Hernandez
- Como He De Vivir Sin Tu Carino - Danny Rivera
- Te Amo - Rocio Durcal
- Dimelo - Daniela Romo
- Azucar Moreno - Ven Devorame Otra Vez
Top #5 songs in the UK
- The Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Bombalurina - Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
- Deee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart / What Is Love
- Four Bacharach And David Songs (EP) - Deacon Blue
- Maria McKee - Show Me Heaven
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?