Thursday 6 April 1978
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Martin Mendez and Myleene Klass.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Night Fever by Bee Gees.
In UK Matchstalk Men And Matchstalk Cats And Dogs by Brian & Michael was in the top 5 hits.
F.I.S.T, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while The Amityville Horror by Jay Anson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching America 2-Night.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Sargon or MUD1.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1978!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1978 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Martin Mendez: Uruguayan bassist (Opeth).
- Myleene Klass: British singer.
- Imani Coppola: American singer-songwriter and violinist (Little Jackie).
- Tim Hasselbeck: American football player and sportscaster.
- Martín Méndez: Uruguayan bass player and songwriter (Opeth).
- Blaine Neal: American baseball player
- Igor Semshov: Russian footballer
- Kendra Todd: American real estate agent and author
- Karnataka beat Uttar Pradesh by inning and 193 to win Ranji Trophy.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?