Thursday 6 May 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 6, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Nothin' On You by B.o.B..
Robin Hood, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Courage and Consequence: My Life as a Conservative in the Fight by Karl Rove was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Universal Dead.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cross Days or Beatmania IIDX 18 Resort Anthem.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 May 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 2010 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 May
- Robin Roberts: American television broadcaster.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average suffers its biggest ever intraday point drop: 998.5 points. During the market's fall some shares briefly fell to nearly zero. By the end of the trading day, the Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 347.80 points, or 3.20 percent, to 10,520.32. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index fell 3.24 percent, to 1,128.15. The Nasdaq Composite Index lost 3.44 percent, to 2,319.64.
- The second largest intraday point swing in Dow Jones Industrial Average history occurs.
- The ruling Mauritian Labour Party under Prime Minister Navin Ramgoolam wins re-election after the opposition Mauritian Militant Movement concedes the 2010 general election. (Times of India)
- Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates become the first countries to have non-Latin ccTLDs. (BBC)
- A powerful tornado hits Chongqing municipality in south-western China, killing at least 25 and injuring more than 160 people in Dianjiang and Liangping counties. (Xinhua)
- Former chief executive of collapsed Kaupthing Bank, Hreiðar Már Sigurðsson, is arrested on suspicion of embezzlement, Iceland's first high-profile arrest since the 2008 financial collapse. (BBC)
- Burma's main opposition party, the National League for Democracy led by Aung San Suu Kyi, disbands after it refuses to register under new election laws. (AFP)
- The Irish Aviation Authority announces new flight restrictions at several airports, including Shannon Airport and Ireland West Airport Knock, from midnight because of the (Iceland) volcano. (RTÉ)
- Hundreds of people in Afghanistan demonstrate against alleged mistreatment and executions of Afghan refugees in Iran. (BBC)
- Robert Mugabe, Morgan Tsvangirai and Arthur Mutambara, in a rare display of solidarity, call for an end to international sanctions on Zimbabwe and instead request investment. (BBC)
- United Kingdom general election:
- Voters in the United Kingdom head to the polls to elect Members of Parliament. (BBC)
- Sit-ins result from thousands of voters being disenfranchised in the United Kingdom general election, 2010 as commentators and historians say Britain is ampquotshamed in the eyes of the worldampquot. (''Businessweek'')
- Nigel Farage, former leader of the UK Independence Party, is injured in a light aircraft crash in Northamptonshire. (TVNZ)
- Ajmal Kasab, the only surviving member of a group responsible for the 2008 Mumbai attacks, is sentenced to death. (BBC)
- United States Baptist minister George Rekers, a campaigner who opposes homosexuality, responds to allegations of a holiday in London/Madrid with a male prostitute he met at Rentboy.com. (BBC)
- Pope Benedict XVI accepts the resignation of Joseph Duffy, a bishop mentioned in the reports into child sexual abuse by clergy. (''The Irish Times'')
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average plunges nearly 1,000 points for a record intraday loss before recovering about 70% of its losses. (The Wall Street Journal)
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il allegedly meets with Chinese President Hu Jintao in Beijing. (BBC)
- Russian military sailors release the tanker MV ''Moscow University'' from Somali pirates. (RIA Novosti)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Everything To Me - Monica
- Rihanna - Rude Boy
- My Chick Bad - Ludacris Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
- Over - Drake
- Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home) - Usher Featuring Plies
- Nothin' On You - B.o.B Featuring Bruno Mars
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Lil Freak - Usher Featuring Nicki Minaj
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
Top #10 Latin songs
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Stand By Me - Prince Royce
- Sin Evidencias - Banda MS
- Colgando En Tus Manos - Carlos Baute Con Marta Sanchez
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Savior - Rise Against
- Phoenix - 1901
- Muse - Uprising
- Muse - Resistance
- Cryin' Like A Bitch! - Godsmack
- Give Me A Sign (Forever And Ever) - Breaking Benjamin
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The History Channel produced 12 spots for Bank of America, the sponsor of its series “America: The Story of Us.” [..]
Borrowing costs for Europe’s more vulnerable countries rose on Wednesday while stocks and the euro fell, as the possibility of a new credit downgrade for Portugal underscored fears that efforts to contain the debt crisis to Greece were failing. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.76
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $73.78
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $73.05
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $50.53
- 1 CHF = 6.1301 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4867 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0571 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.056 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?