Tuesday 26 May 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 26, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Beautiful Kate, directed by Rachel Ward, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ross Kemp in Search of Pirates.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Archibald's Adventures or Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Sacrifice.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 May 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 2009!
Which were the important events of 26 May 2009 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 May
- US President Barack Obama announces the appointment of Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court.
- The US Mint releases the 2009 Guam quarter dollar coin to circulation.
- General Secretary Hu Jintao of the Communist Party in the People's Republic of China and Nationalist Party Chairman Wu Poh-hsiung in Taiwan meet in Beijing to discuss cross-Strait relations. (Xinhua)
- The Supreme Court of California upholds Proposition 8, the state's ban on same-sex marriage. (AP via Yahoo)
- President Isaias Afewerki says Eritrea will not release imprisoned journalist Dawit Isaak. (DPA via ''EarthTimes'')
- Pakistan's Supreme Court will allow former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to stand for election. (BBC)
- North Korea tests two more missiles. (BBC)
- Trial of Aung San Suu Kyi:
- The National League for Democracy's General Secretary testifies in Burma. (Reuters)
- U.S. President Obama calls for her immediate and unconditional release from incarceration. (RTÉ)
- South Africa's economy contracted by 6.4% during the first fiscal quarter of 2009 and thus enters recession. (BBC)
- An air raid on a people-smuggling convoy in Sudan in January killed 119 people. (BBC)
- A suicide attack kills six people in Kapisa Province, Afghanistan. (BBC)
- The Swedish Navy arrests seven Somali pirates during the attempted hijacking of a Greek ship. (Radio Netherlands)
- Nigerien President Tandja Mamadou dissolves the National Assembly. (Reuters)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jeremih - Birthday Sex
- Blame It - Jamie Foxx Featuring T-Pain
- Knock You Down - Keri Hilson Featuring Kanye West & Ne-Yo
- Boyfriend #2 - Pleasure P
- Turn My Swag On - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Kid Cudi - Day 'N' Nite
- Every Girl - Young Money
- Jennifer Hudson - If This Isn't Love
- Never Ever - Ciara Featuring Young Jeezy
- Rockin' That Thang - The-Dream
Top #10 Latin songs
- Makano - Te Amo
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Aqui Estoy Yo - Luis Fonsi
- Ya Es Muy Tarde - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Tu No Eres Para Mi - Fanny Lu
- Patrulla 81 - Quiereme Mas
- Que Te Queria - La Quinta Estacion
- El Katch - El Compa Chuy
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
After a decisive victory for the incumbent coalition, markets have been electrified by the prospect that political and policy continuity will allow India to start closing the development gap with China. [..]
UBS, Deutsche Bank, JPMorgan Chase and Depfa Bank have dropped an appeal against the seizure of $482 million of their assets amid an investigation of fraud. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $42.00
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $46.42
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $51.04
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $33.86
- 1 CHF = 6.3019 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.1223 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9706 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.385 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?