Tuesday 6 May 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis.
In UK American Boy by Estelle featuring Kanye West was in the top 5 hits.
What Happens in Vegas, directed by Tom Vaughan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Santa Fe Dead by Stuart Woods was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching NOFX Backstage Passport.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AMF Bowling World Lanes or Bella Sara.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 2008 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 May
- In Jackson, Georgia, USA, convicted murderer William Earl Lynd is executed by lethal injection, at age 53. Lynd was convicted of killing Ginger Moore in December 1988.
- Chilean authorities order the total evacuation of the towns of Chaitén and Futaleufú as the eruption of the Chaitén volcano continues to worsen. (Reuters via Canada.com)
- The Irish Taoiseach, Bertie Ahern, officially resigns after ten years, ten months and ten days as head of government. (RTÉ)
- 2007–2008 world food price crisis: Mogadishu residents protest for a second day over high food prices as traders reject old Somali shilling notes due to high inflation. (Reuters)
- Cyclone Nargis
- Myanmar state government reports that the death toll from the cyclone has reached 22,000, with 41,000 people missing. (BBC News)
- The State Peace and Development Council announces that the Burmese constitutional referendum, 2008 will proceed on the weekend except in 47 townships worst affected by the cyclone. (Thomson Financial News via Forbes)
- The President of the United States George W. Bush pleads for the Myanmar government to accept help from the United States and the rest of the international community. USAID donates an additional $3 million to cyclone victims. (CNN)
- United States voters go to the polls in the North Carolina and Indiana Democratic Party primaries. Illinois Senator Barack Obama wins North Carolina by 14 per cent while New York Senator Hillary Clinton narrowly wins in Indiana. (''The New York Times'')
- Prominent Malaysian blogger and political activist, Raja Petra Kamaruddin, is charged with sedition. (Malaysia Today)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 6 May 2008
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bochum - Schalke 04 : 0 - 3
- Dortmund - Stuttgart : 3 - 2
- Hannover - Hansa Rostock : 3 - 0
- Karlsruhe - Cottbus : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Erzgebirge Aue - CZ Jena : 5 - 0
- Kaiserslautern - St Pauli : 2 - 0
- Osnabruck - Greuther Furth : 0 - 0
- Paderborn - Munich 1860 : 3 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?