Friday 8 May 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 8, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
The White Ribbon, directed by Michael Haneke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Loitering With Intent by Stuart Woods was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Incredible Human Journey.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bomberman Blitz or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 May 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 2009 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 May
- Fannie Mae, the largest provider of U.S. home mortgage funding, reports a US$23.2 billion loss in the first quarter, and seeks US$19 billion in additional funding from the US Treasury.
- Thunderstorms throughout the Midwestern United States kill five people. (''New York Times'')
- Afghan President Hamid Karzai demands that the United States halt airstrikes in the war against the Taliban. (Reuters)
- Louis Caldera resigns as Director of the White House Military Office. (''New York Times'')
- Islamic terrorist and Singaporean fugitive Mas Selamat bin Kastari is arrested in Malaysia. (AP via Google News)
- At least 45,000 people evacuate as war between the government and the Taliban continues in Swat, Pakistan. (Sky News)
- A cave-in at a gold mine in Siguiri, Guinea, kills 20 people, injures five more, and renders ten others missing. (BBC)
- Pope Benedict XVI begins his tour of Jordan, Israel, and the Palestinian territories. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 8 May 2009
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Germinal - Mechelen : 3 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Leverkusen - Bielefeld : 2 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Frankfurt FSV - Duisburg : 0 - 0
- Kaiserslautern - Augsburg : 1 - 0
- Munich 1860 - Hansa Rostock : 3 - 3
- Oberhausen - Wehen : 0 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Ajaccio - Bastia : 1 - 1
- Angers - Metz : 1 - 1
- Clermont - Sedan : 3 - 0
- Nimes - Chateauroux : 1 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Blame It - Jamie Foxx Featuring T-Pain
- Rockin' That Thang - The-Dream
- Boyfriend #2 - Pleasure P
- Turnin Me On - Keri Hilson Featuring Lil Wayne
- Turn My Swag On - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Dead And Gone - T.I. Featuring Justin Timberlake
- Jennifer Hudson - If This Isn't Love
- Kiss Me Thru The Phone - Soulja Boy Tell 'em Featuring Sammie
- Kid Cudi - Day 'N' Nite
- Magnificent - Rick Ross Featuring John Legend
Top #10 Latin songs
- Tu No Eres Para Mi - Fanny Lu
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Que Te Queria - La Quinta Estacion
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
- No Me Doy Por Vencido - Luis Fonsi
- Aqui Estoy Yo - Luis Fonsi
- El Ultimo Beso - Vicente Fernandez
- El Trono de Mexico - Almas Gemelas
- Sin Ti...Sin Mi - Ricardo Arjona
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The numbers in the stress test report that are most impressive — perhaps shocking should be the word — are the estimates of possible losses from differing categories of assets. [..]
General Electric is shifting the strategy in its $17 billion-a-year health equipment and technology business, seeking to broaden its reach with more lower-cost products. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $44.67
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $51.33
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $52.42
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $34.84
- 1 CHF = 6.1727 CNY
- 1 CAD = 5.9327 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.961 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.245 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?