Wednesday 7 December 1988
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emily Browning and Benjamin Clementine.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Look Away by Chicago.
In UK Mistletoe And Wine by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, directed by Frank Oz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Mitla Pass by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Rainbow.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alien Crush or Dead Angle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 December 1988!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 7 December 1988 ?
- United States - Pearl Harbor Day (observance)
- International Civil Aviation Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ambrose: Memorial
- Emily Browning: Movie Actress.
- Benjamin Clementine
- Asia Smith: American actress.
- Toru Yamashita
- Butsakon Tantiphana: Thai actress and singer.
- Asia Ray Smith: American actress.
- Nathan Adrian: American swimmer.
- Angelina Gabueva: Russian tennis player.
- 6.9 earthquake in Armenia, Spitak destroyed, 60,000 killed
- Armenian SSR rocked by earthquake, 8 on Richter scale (55,000 die)
- Earthquake in Armenia (more than 25,000 killed, 5,000,000 homeless)
- Rangers sign free-agent pitcher Nolan Ryan to a one-year contract
- New York Islanders fire Terry Simpson; Al Arbour new coach.
- Gorbachev announces ten percent unilateral Soviet troop reductions at United Nations.
- Mikhail Gorbachev cheered by Wall Street crowds upon arrival in New York City.
- Spitak Earthquake: In Armenia an earthquake measuring 6.9 on the Richter scale kills nearly 25,000, injures 15,000 and leaves 400,000 homeless.
- Yasser Arafat recognizes the right of Israel to exist.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chicago - Look Away
- Will To Power - Baby, I Love Your Way/Freebird Medley
- Breathe - How Can I Fall?
- Duran Duran - I Don't Want Your Love
- Anita Baker - Giving You The Best That I Got
- Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
- Boy Meets Girl - Waiting For A Star To Fall
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Guns N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle
- Eddie Money - Walk On Water
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?