Wednesday 7 December 1988
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Asia Ray Smith and Nathan Adrian.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Look Away by Chicago.
In UK Mistletoe And Wine by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, directed by Frank Oz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Sands Of Time by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Rainbow.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Inside Outing or Kid Kool.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 December 1988!
Which were the important events of 7 December 1988 ?
- United States - Pearl Harbor Day (observance)
- International Civil Aviation Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ambrose: Memorial
- Asia Ray Smith: American actress.
- Nathan Adrian: American swimmer.
- Emily Browning: Movie Actress.
- Angelina Gabueva: Russian tennis player.
- Asia Smith: American actress.
- Butsakon Tantiphana: Thai actress and singer
- 6.9 earthquake in Armenia, Spitak destroyed, 60,000 killed
- Armenian SSR rocked by earthquake, 8 on Richter scale (55,000 die)
- Earthquake in Armenia (more than 25,000 killed, 5,000,000 homeless)
- Rangers sign free-agent pitcher Nolan Ryan to a one-year contract
- New York Islanders fire Terry Simpson; Al Arbour new coach.
- Gorbachev announces ten percent unilateral Soviet troop reductions at United Nations.
- Mikhail Gorbachev cheered by Wall Street crowds upon arrival in New York City.
- Spitak Earthquake: In Armenia an earthquake measuring 6.9 on the Richter scale kills nearly 25,000, injures 15,000 and leaves 400,000 homeless.
- Yasser Arafat recognizes the right of Israel to exist.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 December 1988
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chicago - Look Away
- Will To Power - Baby, I Love Your Way/Freebird Medley
- Breathe - How Can I Fall?
- Duran Duran - I Don't Want Your Love
- Anita Baker - Giving You The Best That I Got
- Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
- Boy Meets Girl - Waiting For A Star To Fall
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Guns N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle
- Eddie Money - Walk On Water
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?