Friday 2 December 1988
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edward EMG baron Downpatrick and Alfred Enoch.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Baby, I Love Your Way/Freebird Medley by Will To Power.
In UK First Time by Robin Beck was in the top 5 hits.
Mississippi Burning, directed by Alan Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while A Light In The Attic by Shel Silverstein was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Rainbow.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chopper I or Iron Tank: The Invasion of Normandy Great Tank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 December 1988!
Which were the important events of 2 December 1988 ?
- Laos - National Day
- United Arab Emirates - National Day (independence from Britain, 1971)
- R.C. Saints - St Bibiana
- Edward EMG baron Downpatrick: grandson of English prince Edward.
- Alfred Enoch: Movie Actor.
- Fuse Odg: Rapper.
- Soniya Mehra: Indian actress.
- Stephen McGinn: Scottish footballer.
- Karl-Heinz Burger: German SS-Oberfuhrer (Born 1904).
- 5 gunmen who hijacked Soviet Aeroflot jet, surrender in Israel
- STS-27 Atlantis launched (Secret military mission)
- UN votes 151-2 (Isr & US) to move PLO debate to Geneva, Britain abstains
- Benazir Bhutto is sworn in as Prime Minister of Pakistan, becoming the first woman to head the government of an Islam-dominated state.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Will To Power - Baby, I Love Your Way/Freebird Medley
- Chicago - Look Away
- Breathe - How Can I Fall?
- Duran Duran - I Don't Want Your Love
- U2 - Desire
- Anita Baker - Giving You The Best That I Got
- Boy Meets Girl - Waiting For A Star To Fall
- Bon Jovi - Bad Medicine
- George Michael - Kissing A Fool
- Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?