Wednesday 7 January 1987, Orthodox Christmas
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lyndsy Fonseca and Serena Ortolani.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Walk Like An Egyptian by Bangles.
In UK Reet Petite by Jackie Wilson was in the top 5 hits.
Platoon, directed by Oliver Stone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Kaleidoscope by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Yesterday's Dreams.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beyond Zork or Cleopatra no Mahō.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1987!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 7 January 1987 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Lyndsy Fonseca: American actress.
- Serena Ortolani
- Karen Young: American found dead in Rome, age 20, on January 24, 2008.
- Alisha Inacio: Wrestler.
- Stefan Babović: Serbian footballer.
- Olga Panova: Russian tennis player.
- Jimmy Smith: English footballer.
- Haley Bennett: American singer and actress.
- Larry Carr: pianist (Flight to Rhythm), dies at age 72.
- Kapil Dev takes his 300th Test wicket, at age 28 the youngest.
- French airplanes harass Libyan positions in Duadi Doum.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?