Friday January 9, 1987US date format: 1/9/1987, UK date format: 9/1/1987
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 9, 1987). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paolo Nutini and Mao Inoue.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Walk Like An Egyptian by Bangles.
In UK Reet Petite by Jackie Wilson was in the top 5 hits.
The Stepfather, directed by Joseph Ruben, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while The Christmas Day Kitten by James Herriot was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Unnatural Causes.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bubbler or Grange Hill.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1987
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1987!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1987 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Paolo Nutini: Scottish singer/songwriter.
- Mao Inoue: Japanese actress.
- JB Mauney: Bull Rider.
- Sam Bird: English race car driver.
- Pablo Santos: Mexican actor (d. 2006).
- Jami Puustinen: Finnish footballer.
- Lucas Leiva: Brazilian footballer.
- Lucas Pezzini Leiva: Brazilian footballer.
- Arthur Lake: Corbin, Kentucky -- Actor...
- Chinese / Vietnamese border fights, 1500 killed
- Sir Rudolph Bing (of New York Met Opera) marries Lady Carroll Douglass
- The Star Tours attraction opens in Tomorrowland at Disneyland. It cost US$32 million to create.
- New Nicaraguan constitution takes effect.
Birth chart on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1987?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?