Saturday 7 June 1986
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Keegan Bradley .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Live To Tell by Madonna.
In UK The Chicken Song by Spitting Image was in the top 5 hits.
Back to School, directed by Alan Metter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Fatherhood by Bill Cosby was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Very Peculiar Practice.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing King's Quest III: To Heir Is Human or Calorie Kun Vs. Moguranian.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1986!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1986 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- 118th Belmont: Chris McCarron aboard Danzig Connect wins in 2:29.8
- 56th French Womens Tennis: Chris Evert beats M Navratilova (26 63 63)
- Air Supply guitarist Graham Russell weds Jodi Varble
- Pirates draft 3rd baseman Jeff King #1
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Madonna - Live To Tell
- Patti LaBelle - On My Own
- Whitney Houston - Greatest Love Of All
- Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait
- Mike + The Mechanics - All I Need Is A Miracle
- Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - If You Leave
- Level 42 - Something About You
- The Jets - Crush On You
- Billy Ocean - There'll Be Sad Songs (To Make You Cry)
- George Michael - A Different Corner
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?