Friday 7 June 1985
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claydee Lupa and Charlie Simpson.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears.
In UK 19 by Paul Hardcastle was in the top 5 hits.
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, directed by Hayao Miyazaki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Family Album by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Turkey Television.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Doctor Who and the Warlord or Alpha Mission.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1985!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1985 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Claydee Lupa: World Music Singer.
- Charlie Simpson: English singer (Busted, Fightstar).
- Masika Kalysha: Reality Star.
- Arkadiusz Piech: Polish footballer.
- Shannon Shorr: American professional poker player.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
- Wham! - Everything She Wants (Remix)
- Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F
- Billy Ocean - Suddenly
- Bryan Adams - Heaven
- Howard Jones - Things Can Only Get Better
- Mary Jane Girls - In My House
- Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)
- Kool & The Gang - Fresh
- Katrina & The Waves - Walking On Sunshine
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?