Wednesday 7 October 1959
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Penny Graeber and Loris Reggiani.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Only Sixteen by Craig Douglas was in the top 5 hits.
Pillow Talk, directed by Michael Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Art Of Llewellyn Jones by Paul Hyde Bonner was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hawaiian Eye.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1959!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1959 ?
- Penny Graeber: Sydney, NSW -- Golfer (1990 6th Vic Open).
- Loris Reggiani: Italian race car driver, a noted competitor who ran in the World Championship along with Max Biaggi and Loris Capirossi.
- Simon Cowell: English recording executive.
- Dylan Baker: American character actor.
- Lourdes Flores: Peruvian lawyer and politician.
- Jean-Marc Fournier: Canadian lawyer and politician
- Happy Town opens at 84th St. Theater NYC for 5 performances
- U.S.S.R. probe Luna 3 transmits the first ever photographs of the far side of the Moon.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- Lloyd Price - I'm Gonna Get Married
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Johnny and the Hurricanes - Red River Rock
- The Coasters - Poison Ivy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?