Friday October 7, 1988
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 7, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Diego Costa and Stacy DuPree.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Love Bites by Def Leppard.
In UK One Moment In Time by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Another Woman, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while A Brief History Of Time by Stephen W. Hawking was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Starting from Scratch.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Air Warrior II or 19 Part One: Boot Camp.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 October 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1988!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1988 ?
- Diego Costa: Spanish pro footballer (soccer player) who plays for English club Chelsea and the Spain national team.
- Stacy DuPree: American musician (Eisley).
- Gérard Bauër: French literary critic and essayist who worked for L'Echo de Paris and Figaro.
- Diego da Silva Costa: Brazilian footballer.
- Lauren Mayberry: Scottish singer-songwriter (Chvrches).
- Billy Daniels: Jacksonville, Florida -- Singer ( Show).
- Dallas Green replaces Lou Pinella as New York Yankee manager
- Jim Fregosi is fired as manager of White Sox
- Lou Piniella is fired as manager of Yankees for 2nd time
- Robin Givens files for divorce after 8-month marriage to Mike Tyson
- WNBC 660 final transmission, WFAN moves from 1050 to 660 andWUKQ begins on 1050 at 5:30pm (NYC radio)
- Latvian flag raised in Riga for first time since annexation by USSR.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Def Leppard - Love Bites
- Red Red Wine '88 - UB40
- Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit)
- Cheap Trick - Don't Be Cruel
- Peter Cetera - One Good Woman
- Phil Collins - Groovy Kind Of Love
- Taylor Dayne - I'll Always Love You
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Hate Myself For Loving You
- Information Society - What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)
- New Kids On The Block - Please Don't Go Girl
Top #10 R&B songs
- Levert - Addicted To You
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Teddy Pendergrass - 2 A.M.
- Sade - Nothing Can Come Between Us
- Karyn White - The Way You Love Me
- Jeffrey Osborne - She's On The Left
- Tony Toni Tone - Born Not To Know
- Johnny Kemp - Dancin' With Myself
- George Benson - Let's Do It Again
- New Edition - You're Not My Kind Of Girl
Top #10 Latin songs
- Franco - MARIA
- Marisela - YA NO
- SENTADO A LA VERA DEL CAMINO - EYDIE GORME Y ROBERTO CARLOS
- QUE SERA - Emmanuel
- Es un alma en pena - Lucia Mendez
- Angela Carrasco - BOCA ROSA
- MALA NOCHE NO - Veronica Castro
- ESTE AMOR QUE HAY QUE CALLAR - Yolandita Monge
- TOCO MADERA - Raphael
- VERGUENZA ME DA QUERERTE - Jose Jose
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?