Sunday 7 September 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include D Elmina Davies and Nadieh.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare) by Domenico Modugno.
In UK When by The Kalin Twins was in the top 5 hits.
The Blob, directed by Irvin S. Yeaworth Jr., was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Mister Music Maker, Lawrence Welk by Mary Lewis Coakley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Northwest Passage.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1958!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1958 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
Famous Birthdays:07 September
- 72nd US Womens Tennis: Althea Gibson beats Darlene R Hard (36 61 62)
- 78th US Mens Tennis: A J Cooper beats M J Anderson (62 36 46 108 86)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Elegants - Little Star
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- Jack Scott - My True Love
- Kalin Twins - When
- Frankie Avalon - Ginger Bread
- Jimmie Rodgers - Are You Really Mine?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?