Wednesday 8 August 1984
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include François Giard and Kirk Broadfoot.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Ghostbusters by Ray Parker Jr..
In UK Careless Whisper by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension, directed by W.D. Richter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Lincoln by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ben Bero Beh or Colossus Chess.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1984!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1984 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- François Giard: French race horse trainer and jockey, harness racer.
- Kirk Broadfoot: Scottish footballer.
- Brenda Gandini: Argentinian model actress and singer.
- Devon McTavish: American soccer player.
- Norbert Michelisz: Hungarian race car driver.
- Martrez Milner: American football player
- Rink closes at Martin Beck Theater NYC after 204 performances
- Milwaukee 10-game losing streak ends
- Carl Lewis wins his third (200m) gold medal in the Summer Olympics.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 August 1984
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Jacksons - State Of Shock
- Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It
- Elton John - Sad Songs (Say So Much)
- Lionel Richie - Stuck On You
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Dan Hartman - I Can Dream About You
- Rod Stewart - Infatuation
- Corey Hart - Sunglasses At Night
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?