Sunday 19 August 1984
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Simon Bird and Micah Alberti.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Ghostbusters by Ray Parker Jr..
In UK Careless Whisper by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension, directed by W.D. Richter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Lincoln by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hercules or Jenny of the Prairie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1984!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1984 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Simon Bird: English actor and comedian.
- Micah Alberti: American actor.
- Alessandro Matri: Italian footballer.
- Ryan Taylor: English footballer.
- 66th PGA Championship: Lee Trevino shoots a 273 at Shoal Creek Ala
- Republican Convention in Houston nominates Ronald Reagan for President
- Sally Quinlan wins LPGA MasterCard Golf International Pro-Am
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 August 1984
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters
- Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It
- Jacksons - State Of Shock
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Lionel Richie - Stuck On You
- Dan Hartman - I Can Dream About You
- John Waite - Missing You
- Elton John - Sad Songs (Say So Much)
- Corey Hart - Sunglasses At Night
- Peabo Bryson - If Ever You're In My Arms Again
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?